Why can't i just calm down, focus UP, and do the thing?
Do you feel hijacked by fear, self-doubt, despair? Is it clouding your focus and getting in the way of your effectiveness? Are you dying to find some peace of mind and clarity, so that you can take conscious action steps toward fulfillment - and even fun! - in your career and beyond?
Before we can tackle this beast, we need a little background on how the nervous system functions - because it's the key to understanding what you're experiencing. You see, when the nervous system perceives a stressor, it "hijacks" the brain. It takes the controls away from the prefrontal cortex - that lovely lobe at the front of your brain responsible for curiosity, creativity, empathy and logic. And it puts the amygdala, or "Lizard Brain" into the pilot's seat. That's the emergency responder part of our brain, developed way back in the days of our reptilian ancestors. And we need it to deal with immediate and temporary emergencies - like being caught in a burning building or chased by a hungry tiger.
The problems arise when our Lizard Brain takes up residence in the pilot's seat and won't give back the controls. You can't reason with it, it's prone to black and white thinking, and its only response to any situation is to lash out, run away, shut down, or submit to injustice. Sound like anyone you know?
So how do we get out of Lizard Brain mode and gain back our resourceful thinking, creative problem solving, and clarity - so that we can move forward into meaningful action, and create alignment and joy in our professional lives and beyond?
six key steps that will shift your brain from chaos to clarity
In the first foundational session that I do, I teach new clients how to:
- Notice your state. Learn the physiological clues that your nervous system has been activated.
- Establish safety. Develop strategies for hitting the pause button on stressors.
- Reset the brain. Practice mindfulness and body-based techniques that interrupt the panic spiral.
- Practice self-empathy. Uncover your feelings and needs.
- Set boundaries. Get clear about what you will and won't accept.
- Take action. Create a game plan to consciously address your needs.
try this now:
Acknowledging feelings and needs is one of the most powerful pathways toward transforming anxiety.
Which 3 feelings are most present for you right now?
Which of these needs calls out to you the loudest right now?
Now, what is one thing you can do today to address that need?
What person, place or activity in your life nurtures your need for ______ ?
When will you connect with that person, place or activity? Make a plan.
What do you notice?
Go back to your top three feelings. Has anything shifted? What is the intensity level of your anxiety now versus when you began this exercise? Take a moment to sit with what's present now.
The next step is setting up a complimentary 45-minute Uncover Your True Calling breakthrough session. During this session, we will:
- Discover the #1 thing stopping you from releasing self-doubt and having the career of your dreams.
- Create a vision of the fulfilling career you'll have once you break through the confusion of anxiety.
- Identify the worries and fears that keep you from achieving this vision.
- Learn the powerful steps that will move you from feeling stuck toward actually doing the work you were meant to do.
- Complete the consultation with the excitement of knowing EXACTLY what to do next to create the meaningful career you want!
Claim your complimentary breakthrough session now!